Stephanie M. Gitlin represents clients in the areas of commercial litigation, healthcare cost containment litigation, and other complex civil matters.
Her experience includes representing both national and regional healthcare third party payers and property/casualty insurers in healthcare provider overpayment cost containment matters. As well as representing, Whistleblowers in both federal and state False Claim Act cases. She has negotiated several eight-figure settlements with national healthcare providers, both public and non-public. Stephanie represents clients in a variety of other commercial and civil litigation matters in both state and federal courts. These include contract disputes, franchise issues, and intellectual property matters.
Her clients include:
- Group Healthcare Third-Party Payers
- Property/Casualty Insurers
- Taft-Hartley Benefit Plans
Prior to joining Pierce LLC, Atty. Gitlin practiced with Seiger Gfeller Laurie LLP and Shipman & Goodwin LLP.
Outside of the office, Stephanie enjoys spending time with her husband, three children and running with her dog. She loves to read, play the piano and guitar. She also loves to watch the Redskins and Panthers, her two favorite NFL teams.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Penn Law Review (Editor)
- Cornell University, B.A.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Officer, director and co-founder – Deeds for Needs®, a non-profit organization that assists individuals and families in need in the community. She is an officer and director of the organization.
- Former Board Member of Kingswood Oxford Parent Teacher Organization.
- Former Board Member of Jewish Family Services.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connect with Stephanie on LinkedIn